Sunday, February 5, 2012

That Fragile Heart


This is Kaye. I met her at the final exams too. Since I had nothing to do then, I played with a group of kids together with a few of my batchmates. We facilitated games to entertain them because there was no activity prepared for them in the afternoon. Later, her mom called her to stop. Of course, as a child, we know how devastating it feels when someone stops us from playing. We then found out that she has congenital heart defect (simply, hole in the heart). Frustrated, she cried it out. 

So I held onto her and comforted her. I tried to play light games with her to ease the frustration but the voices of the shouting kids as they played were just inevitable.


Let me just share a story of innocence. 

I was actually the one whom Kaye's mother told of her case and was asked to pull her out of the game. Definitely, my batchmates were curious why I had to do that so we talked about her. We just said may butas daw sya sa puso, kawawa naman. Another child then went to Kaye, grabbed onto her shirt and peeked to check if there really was a hole. Oh, kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice. Thank you. :)